Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's All About The Hair??


The Orioles surprisingly good season has continued into the weekend with a sweep of the Astros and the chance to take a series from the Milwaukee (Algonquin for the good land) Brewers. Previous to that they concluded a 5-1 home stand that included the sweep of the Astros as well as a winning series against the butt Pirates. If you ask Kevin Millar why the team has been playing so well of late he'll tell you it's because he died his hair mostly blond.

We all laugh at superstitious baseball players who believe changing things like hair or the way they get dressed makes them better. I also realize that Millar is kidding but it's funny that he suggested that the rest of the team follow his lead and get the blond high lights too. One of the features of a MASN broadcast is a behind the scenes with one of the players. They've highlighted Freddie Bynum and Matt Albers among others. What is funny to me though is the majority of our bull pen are good ol' boys. Jamie Walker and Jim Johnson in particular so you can imagine what they'd say to dying their hair. My bet is they'll pull a line from Brad Paisley's newest song entitled I'm still a guy. The line goes "I don't highlight my hair, I've still got a pair yeah honey I'm still a guy."

So I don't think we'll be seeing a bunch of Oriole players with blond hair, after all Adam Jones and Freddie Bynum would probably end up looking like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. As I type the game is 4- 3 Brewers with Olson on the mound. The O's haven't won a game on Sunday in over two months so maybe this Sunday is the one we'll get back in the win column (as said by Joe Angel).



No comments: