Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trying to avoid getting pregnant? Try Carl Yastrezmski.


Things really have changed since I took health class in high school. We learned about condoms, the pill, the rhythm method, pulling out (not kidding) and abstinence. We did not learn how to use an 18 time Boston Redsox All Star left fielder to prevent pregnancy. But alas, I keep seeing commercials advertising how you can use Carl Yastrezemski, or Yaz, to avoid getting knocked up.

Who knew? I knew he was the last guy to hit for the triple crown, back in the impossible dream team year of '67. I knew that he stepped right in to replace Ted Williams and as such made for one of the best tandem of players at one position, but I didn't know that, when taken daily, Carl Yastrzemski could prevent pregnancy, help clear up acne, and give you a shorter and lighter period.

Now that's a hall of famer!

No comments: