Monday, June 2, 2008

Really?


With all my travel over the weekend, I was unable to listen to or watch my Cats. You'll remember that Inky and I were witness to their first loss in the better part of a year last week. With that the Footy media was abuzz with the idea that the Cats were done. What they didn't know, was that there was no chance the Cats were going to beet the Pies on that Friday night at the G, because Inky and I were there.

That Cats found their claws again against Carlton this weekend, winning by a final of 19.19 (133) to 12.5 (77). Doesn't it just figure that they would find their form a week after I saw them taken apart easier than a kids jigsaw puzzle. They could hardly get the ball into their offensive 50 a week ago, but when I'm not there to watch they have 38 scoring shots. Carlton only had one point in the third term for crying out loud! And that was one that Geelong conceded on a rushed behind.

Add to Geelong's victory the fact that the #3 Bulldogs took out the previously unbeaten Hawks and that puts the Cats back with in a sniff of the top of the ladder. They are tied with Hawthorn, but in second on percentage. All of this is just fine, but couldn't they win the one and only game I will probably ever get to see them play in person?

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

I love that you have Gary's old hair in this picture.