Monday, August 4, 2008

Stud(ette) of the Week: My Wife Mrs. XL


You may wonder why my wife would qualify for such a high and distinguished honor. She is after all not a professional athlete or famous however what she is undertaking this week is more than most men I associate with would venture to do. She is out west hiking her way through the Sierra mountains in California. She'll reach an escalation as high as 30,000 feet where there will likely be snow. She is doing all this with a 40 pound back pack on her back carrying minimal clothing and freeze dried food (no cliff bars though) while also chaperoning 15 Girl Scout teens. The sick part is she lives for this kind of thing. I mean I think I get a good work out hiking up Greazy's steep ass stairs, there is no way in hell I'd spend 10 days hiking through mountains with bears and snakes and drastic climate changes. Lets be real, there is no way in hell I could do it, I'm way to out of shape and lack the will power to survive. My idea of vacation will be described on this site in a little more than 2 weeks when Greazy and I embark on an epic journey to Chicago and Milwaukee to see baseball stadiums and eat all kinds of bad (for you) food. So I am proud to bestow this honor on Mrs. XL and look forward to her safe return from the great blue yonder next week.

No comments: