Friday, December 21, 2007

How Long Till Draft Day?


It's about this time every year when my thoughts turn, not to sugar plumbs dancing in my head but to Cinderella's second record. It is indeed a "Long Cold Winter" (oh yeah like you didn't love the song Coming Home). When your football team blows, your baseball team blows despite having a ton of guys on roids, and you hate the NBA and NHL, it makes for a long cold winter.

My countdown has begun till Baseball Spring Training, The Start of the Australian Rules season and the NFL draft. I can't get excited about college basketball until after the first of the year, unless it's my Alma mater, and they aren't doing so hot this year. The NBA is positively unwatchable and in no way shape or form compelling and the NHL keeps shooting it's self in the foot.

What is a boy to do from Christmas till mid January? I have no interest in the Bowl Games, since they all suck and won't really tell me who the best team in the land is. A USC v LSU game might have done that, but alas the $ won't allow it. Oh well, till we get a playoff I guess I do the unthinkable for this stretch of time: read.
Till then, have a Happy Holiday Bitches!

No comments: