Monday, December 3, 2007

Stiff of the Week: One Ravens Fan


As I write this at a quarter of 11 on Monday night the score is tied at 17 in Baltimore. I can only assume the Patriots will end up winning 34-20, but I hope the Ravens will find a way to prevail. Before the game we saw three Ravens players from "The U" huddled up with Ray-Ray saying the were going to go out and play for Sean. (Why all the Hurricanes on the Skins couldn't pull this off, I have no idea.)

Then, the ESPN cameras got a great shot of Ray, just as the PA announcer called on all in attendance to observe a moment of silence. Just as Ray Lew's tears began to churn up some douche nozzle with in hollering range of the parab yells "Redskins Suck." (Please note the guy pictured above is probably not said douche nozzle)


Nice.

Now, I'm not saying all Ravens fans are my stiff of the week, just the one loser, who is no doubt from Dundalk and loves to listen to Nasty Nestor on 1570. I bet they didn't even do that shit in Philly or Dallas this week, but a lot of people in Charm City have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to the District, and I have no idea why. The Ravens have won recently, which is more than I can say for the Skins, and since they only play once every 4 years or so there's no rivalry to speak of. For that reason alone the comment was gay. Not to mention that there's a time and a place to yell "Your Team Sucks." And that time is not when memorializing a dead player, it's at a party, a bar or a bar mitzvah even.

Stay classy guy in the front row at M&T Bank Stadium, your my stiff of the week.

No comments: