Thursday, July 31, 2008

We're One Week From The Olympics.....Do You Care?


I've gotta say that there is absolutely no chance that I will watch any of the summer Olympics unless somehow baseball is televised. I don't know what it is but I could care less if the USA wins gold medals in gymnastics or sprints, or whatever the fuck else we compete in. I don't care about the basketball team that will inevitably disappoint even though they've played together as a team much longer than previous iterations. I love Coach K but I really doubt that this team will be focused, after all I'm pretty sure Nike and Reebok have slave factories in China that the likes of Lebron and his cronies will want to check out.

Michael Phelps is a local boy from MD but I don't care if he drowns trying to break another record. I guess the point is I don't really watch any of these sports anyway so why the hell do I care what happens every four years. The funny thing is most people only tune in to the opening and closing ceremonies and watch what will be the God awful Bob Costas wrap up show. The good thing about the summer games is at least they happen during a time where good TV shows aren't interrupted. So keep the torch lit and enjoy pissing and shitting in a hole if you have actually taken the time to go to China to eat the Kung Pao and watch the games.

No comments: