Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Have Exorcised the Demons, Part 2


Well, despite my esteemed colleague's Lead Pipe Lock prediction earlier in the evening, the Phillies have won the World Series. That's right, Philadelphia. The curse has been lifted; it can be done. Now we have no more excuses for not winning championships. We can do it, we can all do it.

So, sorry XL and Greazy who are Philly haters from way back. Not that I am really a fan of the Phillies, but my hometown deserves this. Just as much or as little as any other team deserves to win.

And, a little note to baseball fans complaining about how nobody was watching this series. It is your fault. How could you not watch this? A worst to first team and a team full of MVPs. Is it really just because they are not wearing pinstripes? Then shame on you. You are not a true fan if you only want to see the highest payrolls buy their way into championships. That is not baseball, and that is not what sports is supposed to be about. So, fuck off. Don't make me get out my batteries and hurl them at you. BOOOOO BOOOOO!!!

Take that bitches.

No comments: