Tuesday, November 6, 2007

College Basketball!


You gotta love November! The time has come to play some hoop. I have no real interest in the NBA, so for me basketball is all about the college game, both big time and small scale. Last night Memphis rocked UT-Martin 102-71 in the first game of the D-I schedule, but I had my eyes on a few lower division team. My Alma mater, DIII York College, hosted an exhibition game against DII Mansfield.

In the end my Spartans were on the wrong side of the 86-81 score, despite leading 57-45 with 12:20 to go and 66-65 with 6:17 left to play. The important thing is that the new additions to the team played well as they got their first real game experience with the team. Also, our returning stars seamed to pick up right where they left off. It should be a very good season in Spartan land, maybe even NCAA tournament good. We missed the tourney last year after going two straight years and making one final four trip, so I would like to see a return to our old form.

No comments: