Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Brett, My Sweet Brett


Barring any last minute change of heart, Brett Favre will officially retire from the NFL. Some will say that it is about time the old man gets out of the way and let's someone else take the helm in Green Bay. But, I, for one, will miss Brett. As some of you already know, Brett was my auto-drafted quarterback in my fantasy league last year. And, when all hope was lost and LT was being a real bitch, Brett came through for me. Some weeks, Brett was all I had. With his resurgence, I went from 11th place, to a play off team. Without him around, I don't know what I will do next year. I was seriously considering drafting him again.

So, enjoy your richly deserved retirement, Brett. I will miss you. But, look on the bright side, you'll have more time for fun things, like hunting or fishing or spending time in saunas.
.
*Some stats on my boy Brett: 442 TD passes, 253 Consecutive starts, 160 Wins, 5377 completed passes, 61,655 passing yards. I mean, DAMN!!

1 comment:

XL said...

I think Inky gets the award for most commas used in a 7 word sentence:

"But, I, for one, will miss Brett."

Farewell Favre (said like Ben Stiller in "There's Something About Mary") we'll all miss you and hope you continue your Dungaree campaign with Wrangler!!