Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meet Me at the MCG


I've been to a lot of sporting events in my life, but never this far away from home. At the same time that an Aussie Cricketer was tackling a naked guy yesterday, I was booking tickets to see the Geelong Cats battle the one team that gave them a run for their money last year, the Collingwood Magpies, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. So Inky and I will be among the 100,000 footy mad fans who pack the MCG on May 23 to see if Geelong is still the team to beet or if the Pies have caught up to them.

The MCG is considered one of the finest sporting venues in the world, and short of seeing an Ashes test there, seeing these two teams square off will be about the best I could ever hope for. We will be on the second level in the Olympic Stands in section N3 which is right between the two center goal posts. I can't wait to see the game, and I should have a ton of great pictures. I've gone to a lot of sporting events for this blog, from Cal's Induction and minor league baseball to AHL Hockey and Ho League Basketball, but all of those trips together and then multiplied by 10 don't add up to the amount of miles I'll travel to cover this game for I&TSG.

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

Bring on the VB and meat pies. Can't wait. GO THE CATS!!