Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Must Say It'll Be a Good Day...


I'm pretty stoked about next Thursday, more so than usual. You see, I think the first day of the NCAA Tournament should be a "Guy's Holiday" and that all men should get to stay home and watch hoops all day long. This year I get to add another of my favorite things to the NCAA hoops, the excitement of the bracket and the hope of a buzzer beater. This year, before the first tip of the first game, I will already be done watching a full live sporting event.

It seems like just yesterday that I watched the AFL Grand Final with XL, but it's footy season again bitches. So on Thursday the 20th my Geelong Cats will be taking the pitch at AAMI stadium in Adelaide Australia for a rematch with the Port Adelaide Crows, who they destroyed in the the title game last September. Since the only way to watch the Footy in the US is through Setanta, and the only way to get Setanta is through dish, I decided to go ahead and get the dish. So that means I no longer have to sit at my computer in the middle of the night listening to the Cat's games on Triple M radio out of Melbourne. It also means that I can use the DVR to record the games that start at 5 AM here, and watch them as soon as I get up, being able to fast forward through the commercials.

All this will make it easier for me to follow my Cats as they try to win back to back Premierships. It also means I'll be able to follow my SuperCoach team's progress through out the season. That is basically the same thing as fantasy football here, and I'm in a league for the first time. I can't wait for the opening bounce!

No comments: