Friday, March 21, 2008

Inky out to an early lead


In the marathon that is the Inky and the Sports Guys NCAA Bracket Challenge '08, Inky is out to an early lead over the sports guys, and George Washington. After the first 16 games were played, Inky's record stands at 13-3. She went with BYU, Baylor and Marquette in the South and West but was perfect in the East and Midwest. And believe you me, she let me hear about it last night.

But, this is a marathon and not a sprint, and so I am happy to say that I am in second place with a 12-4 record. I went the wrong way by taking Kent St, Kentucky, Baylor and I hoped that lightning could strike twice by taking George Mason as my only 5v12 upset. XL isn't too far behind as he sports an 11-5 record after the first day, having been let down by George Mason, Kent, USC, Kentucky and Georgia. Like Inky and I, XL has not lost a team past this round, so the contest remains hotly contested.

Our first president (in quarter form) is not so lucky however. Despite posting a 12-4 record on the first day, GW has already lost 4 future games since he had Winthrop going to the Elite 8 and USC and Baylor in the sweet 16. His whole damn bracket nearly came down as he has Duke winning it all, and for those that didn't watch, Belmont gave them all they could handle in a one point win.

That's why I love tourney time! Last second shots, Cinderella and picking brackets. More to come tomorrow.

No comments: