Sunday, April 6, 2008

Baseball Bitches!!!



Well, the national pastime is back. Even thought I've been fully engrossed with Footy for the last three weeks, baseball refuses to be ignored. The O's have started 4-1 after taking down the M's today, leading me to believe they maybe capable of avoiding 110 losses. Not only have they won a few games, but the players they traded Erik Bedard and Mikey Tejada for are playing well.

In my hood, opening day is still 22 days away, but there was some baseball excitement here too, as the York Revolution unveiled the Brooks Robinson Statue yesterday. The Rev's eschewed the normal "game action" statue, for one modeled on the famous Normal Rockwell painting 'Gee, Thanks Brooks" which Robinson loved so much he purchased.

With all this positive O's related news I may actually watch a game at some point. Till then, I'll just wait till next week when XL and I go to Washington to see another new stadium.

No comments: