Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fruity (Flaming) Pucks


Well, I guess it is a trade off; to live in a world where Schlack is half right, if it means the Flyers can advance in the playoffs. Since that is what happened, I'll take it. They sure did make it interesting, though. Two overtimes games, a game seven the very next day after a game six loss at home. They wanted me to hate them, again. They wanted to give it all away, again. But, in the end my Joffrey made it happen, like I knew he would. (Okay, so that is a lie. I didn't know, but it sounds good doesn't it.)

Now, we get to take on Montreal. Those crazy Canucks are a little torch happy, so it should make for an interesting series. And, yeah, about that. Seriously, Montreal. You were the one seed, beating the 8 seed in a game seven. Don't break your arms patting yourselves on the back, and how about not burning police cars. Clearly, we are going to have to win the series in Philadelphia, just to protect the Mounties. We owe it to our neighbours to the north to protect them from themselves.

So, play on, player. Make me proud. Or at the very least, try not to piss me off too much. At least make it a series. If Boston can do that, so can we.

No comments: