Saturday, September 29, 2007

Aussie Rules Football aka Footy....Finally An International Sport Worth Watching

Last night I busted my footy cherry so to speak. As I sat here with Greazy in the wee hours of the morning I saw his beloved Geelong Cats put the ultimate smack down on their opponents. I was very entertained for the first half as the action is fast and constant. There are very few stopages in the Aussie version of our new national past time which makes it that much more entertainment. You also realize what kind of athletes these guys are when they take a huge hit but then come back and make a precise kick for 6 points. After watching this I could see myself enjoying a full season although I'm now ruined forever on rugby. Not that I ever watched rugby in the first place but this game seems to be much more action packed. Finally an international sport I can get down with!! It's about time!!! Congrats Cats it was a long 44 years!

No comments: