Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Week In Review


Well Greazy and Inky have left the shop for the long weekend to go hug some trees and do some kayaking in the cousin kissing state of West Virginia. Here's hoping they don't go down any mine shafts because I'd hate to have to run this place by myself. That being said I thought I'd put together a week in review being as I have not had time (due to my tremendously busy schedule) to post anything.

First of all we have what is being called the wrestling "doping" scandal. I love the word doping, it makes me feel European. It should be no surprise to anyone that the performers in the WWE take performance enhancing drugs. I mean the last time I came off the top bunk on Greazy with a flying elbow I was out for a month so you know getting whacked in the head with a chair day in and out plus high diving off ladders and platforms would take some sort of special sauce to keep you going. What is most amazing to me about this story is that only 10 have been caught and suspended. I wonder if Vince McMahon will just suspend them 10 at a time so as to not have to shut down operations for a month. While he's at it he should suspend himself because there is no way in hell he got his guns with honest work outs.

We also have the merciful end of the NFL pre-season which Greazy eluded to in his last post. I'm just glad none of my boys on the Ravens have any serious injuries as a result of this futile waste of time. I'm pumped for next Thursday which is opening night for both the NFL and the YCPFFL. I square off against Greazy and his boys who I should beat easily however he always manages to pull out some all star performance from some scrub who is bagging groceries by the end of the season.

Finally we have the Orioles who have become the laughing stock of Major League Baseball. I mean to be swept at home by the Devil Rays should be punishable by some sort of torture. What I find amazing though is that we get our asses beat by the lowly Texas Rangers, the ok Twins (I do love the Twins...) and the abysmal Devil Rays but somehow manage to beat the Red Sox last night. I mean they tried to give it away in the end but somehow held on to snap the skid. More amazing than anything is that the O's spent 42 million on revamping their awful bullpen and I think have worse results this year than last. At least they got something for Steve Trachsel, he was a pleasant surprise for part of the season but ultimately I think the young 3rd baseman and bullpen guy they got will be better. Anyway I believe I have to make the Orioles my stiff of the week for this past week being as they only won one damn game.

Happy Labor Day to all and I'd better not see any white worn on Tuesday......

No comments: