Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jock Rock


Thanks to Whitney at Pop Candy I found myself reading Blender's list of Stadium Anthems that must be retired. We all know that there are a ton of songs that somehow found their way into Stadiums around the country and won't leave, and for the most part we now hate them even if we had liked them before. Of course there's always that one douchebag in the crowd that sings along, even if it's with the 'da na na na na naw' part of Gary Glitter. They should have their scrotum torn off like a paper towel. Here's the list:

10. “Blitzkrieg Bop,” The Ramones
9. “We’re Not Gonna Take It,” Twisted Sister
8. “Hells Bells,” AC/DC
7. “Pump It Up,” Elvis Costello
6. “I Got You (I Feel Good),” James Brown
5. “It’s My Life,” Bon Jovi
4. “Song 2,” Blur
3. “Unbelievable,” EMF and “Tubthumping,” Chumbawamba
2. “Rock & Roll, Pt. 2,” Gary Glitter
1. “We Will Rock You,” Queen

I can't argue with this too much, although I haven't been to enough games of late to know if #5 is really being played a lot these days. I don't know how DJ Casper's "Cha Cha Slide" didn't make this list, since it is not only overplayed in stadiums but it is also a giant turd of a song. It's like the 00's version of "Mambo #5" or "Macaranea."

No comments: