Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm Just In It For the Punts


Only yours truly, Greazy Tony, could watch nearly a whole Pre Season NFL game... just for the Punts. But, that's what I did last night. As soon as the Skins pulled their starters (who looked pretty damn good by the way) I clicked over to the Eagles-Jets game to watch two Aussie Punters ply their trade. Ok, maybe not THEIR trade, cause their trade involves wearing no pads and beating the shit out of one another while kicking a ball through goal posts. But, their new trade.

Ben Graham seams to have gotten this Grid Iron thing down. He had 7 Punts for 319 Yards (45.6) with 4 landing inside the 20. Sav Rocca had a bad night on the stat sheet as he had 3 punts for only 115 yards (38.3) but two went inside the 20. Infact the broadcasters were lauding his hang time. Sav did struggle in the holding game, failing to turn the laces out on one FG attempt, which cause David Akers to shank the kick, and one would imagine to say "Laces out Sav!"

I reassert my hope that the Eagles cut Sav so the Skins can sign him and cut David Frost, who I hate. Frost had 6 punts for 287 yards (47.8) which seams good but he also had 2 touchbacks vs only one punt inside 20.

1 comment:

Greazy Tony said...

My boy Sav made the cut. I just hope he doesn't hurt the Skins too much this year.