Monday, January 7, 2008

A Few More Rule Change Suggestions


Inky's post the other day about rules the NFL should implement for next year got me thinking about some other sports that need rule changes. For example, I think more sports could make use out of a penalty box. I'd love to see Major League Baseball use a penalty box as a warning for guys who want to argue with the ump accept instead of the box being in the dug out it would be in the opposing teams bull pen or something and fans would be allowed to throw beer on them.

As for the NBA I think a penalty box could be useful instead of tracking fouls. Any time you can get a man advantage you are in good shape. Speaking of a man advantage I also think that once a team reaches 100 points in an NBA game they should be "kinged" meaning they get to play with an extra man for the rest of the game. That should be incentive enough for teams to play defense. While I'm dreaming I'd like to also add a line backer or some sort of obstacle involved while putting at golf. I've always been partial to a clown's mouth or pirate ship.

No comments: