Saturday, January 12, 2008

Where in the World Is Steely McBeem?


Way back in August Inky introduced you to Steely McBeam who is the Steelers new mascot. We all universally agreed that he was super gay, and quite possibly the worst thing to happen to Pittsburgh football since Big Ben drove into a Buick. I watched all or parts of at least 7 or 8 Steelers games this year (not my idea, just what I end up with living in PA), and I never once saw Faggy McRod on the sidelines. What's the deal?

Are the people of Pittsburgh ashamed of their mascot? If they are, no one would blame them, but ask yourself when was the last time you watched an NFL game and didn't see the mascot? I thought for sure you would see Steely waiving that big stuffed girder behind the uprights during field goals and extra points, but I never did. Maybe Steely was just too afraid of walking around on that poor excuse for a field they have in Pittsburgh and is relegated to the stands, but, I still find the whole thing odd. Oh well, I guess I'll never know.

No comments: