Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stiff of December: XL


It's been quite awhile since I've done any sort of posting on this site so I am declaring my self not just stiff of the week but stiff of the month of December. I really haven't had a lot of positive things to write about as a primarily Baltimore based fan plus the holidays are always a distraction. Mrs. XL and I also had a little anniversary so I was unavoidably detained for about a week. Excuses aside I will now make some observations:

On the topic of the Ravens firing Brian Billick and by default his entire staff I can't decide how I feel. There are the pros that indicate a change was needed and Billick's message was growing old with the players. There is also the matter of never having a decent quarteback in his tenure as head coach when he was supposed tbe an offensive genius. That is a totally different post though because Billick was not provided with the tools he needed for a good offense. The cons are now we have to go through a bunch of shit hiring a new coach (who'd better be Rex Ryan) and then speculating on how the players will react when we should be focusing on how to use our top 10 draft pick we earned by stinking up the league this year.

As far as the rest of the league and all the hype and hupla about the Patriots "march to perfection" I'm done with it. If they make it to the championship game (and I don't know how they'll do against Jacksonville) I expect the Colts to not shit the bed this time and hold onto the lead. They should be healthy and motivated to reclaim their title as the best team in football. On the NFC side I'd love to pull for Greazy's Skins but I have a feeling it's going to be the ageless one in Green Bay that emerges. Either way the likely real Super Bowl will be played in the AFC championship game.

There is not a lot of excitement or hope on the horizon for the Orioles so I don't expect to be writing a lot about them. I find it humorous that I got a post card in the mail this week offering me the chance to buy early bird seats because I'm such a loyal fan. Maybe if I got a syringe full of HGH with my purchase I'd consider it....

No comments: