Friday, January 11, 2008

XL's Playoff Picks

As previously stated by Inky we are slack mother fuckers and did not pick any games last week. That being said we all got them correct anyway so we didn't feel the need to post them ahead of time. As for this weekend there should be some pretty good match ups. Here is what I think will go down:

Seattle vs. Green Bay: Not being much of an NFC guy it's hard for me to call this game. I watched Seattle catch a big break last weekend against the Skins and parlay that into a victory. I am a huge Brett Favre fan (although I could care less what kind of salad dressing he may or may not bathe with) so I am going to go with Green Bay in this game. Mainly because it's a home game and I think the Packers are a better team overall than the Seahawks who seem one dimensional. Seattle does play good passing defense though so I believe it will be a close one.

Jacksonville vs. New England: I would love to pick the Jaguars for this game because I do think they have a chance at winning however at home and with the likely hood of playing Indy next week I think the Pats pull it off. The Jags have what other teams that nearly beat the Patriots have which is a good running game. Baltimore exploited New England's run defense as did Philadelphia and the Giants. The Jags also play tough D but need to keep their O on the field if their going to have any chance at winning. I want to think this game will be close and am praying for bad weather to aid the Jags in their cause.

NY Giants vs Dallas: This is another game that is too close to call. Dallas has not played well over the last few weeks possibly because Tony Romo can't stop thinking about Jessica Simpson's luscious rack. Plus T.O. may or may not be 100% which could play a factor. We also don't know which Eli Manning will show up. The Giants are not a picture of consistency and beat a pretender Tampa team last week. I'm going to go with Dallas at home as long as Jessica Simpson stays home!!

San Diego (Whale's Vagina) vs. Indy: This game to me should be a pretty easy win for Indy even though they lost earlier this year to San Diego. During that game Indy was only playing with 16 total healthy offensive players. You can bet with that offense being healthy the Colts will be on a roll. As long as Indy special teams don't' allow returns for TD's and Antonio Gates doesn't play (which he is fore casted not to) I think Indy should win this one going away. You could say this is my "Lead Pipe Lock of The Week".

So that leaves Indy at New England next week as well as Green Bay at Dallas next week. Both rematches of great games from earlier in the season. Check back next week for picks in what I believe will be these two games.

No comments: