Monday, February 4, 2008

Crow Sandwich, Crow Soup, Crow Gumbo

I just got done watching Tiki Barber interviewing former teammates after the Superbowl. It struck me as odd, considering how Tiki was running his mouth earlier this year. Talking shit about how Eli Manning wasn't a leader and how he couldn't get it done. I know Eli just won the Superbowl, but I don't think I could have managed to not punch him in his smug face in that situation.

So, yes, The Giants upset the New England Patriots and won the Superbowl. How many people called that one? It is times like this when I wish I could get a job as a sports writer. Here is another classic example of getting to be wrong, A LOT, and still keeping your job. No one faulted anyone for picking the Patriots. No one gave the Giants a chance. Article after article, interview after interview, stat after stat. It was understood that the Patriots would push the Giants buttholes in. I was wrong too. I didn't give the Giants a chance. I saw the Patriots first hand. They were unstoppable. So, now, everyone can scramble to kiss Giant ass, and make like they saw it coming.

But, they didn't. The Giants won, and outside the Manning family, no one thought they would. Especially, by three. I can't help wondering what Adam Vinatieri was doing last night. Or why the Patriots would choose to go for it on 4th and 13, instead of trying to kick a field goal which would have made the Giants 17 points only a tie. But, then I am reminded of something Bill Belichick said when we saw him post-game against the Redskins. They were winning by over thirty in that game, and went for it on 4th and one. Someone after the game asked him why. His reply, "What were we supposed to do, kick a field goal?"

The answer, is yes. But, Bill Belichick is arrogant. As evidenced by the fact that instead of showing grace in defeat last night, he was a twat as usual. Watching the Patiots lose was a very satisfying thing, indeed. And, I don't even like the Giants. So, we finally got a good game to watch, and had excitement until the very end. There were even a few good commercials. I hope the Patriots got some good video of Tom Brady getting sacked. It will go nicely with their collection.

No comments: