Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stiff of the Week: ESPN

To piggy back off of Greazy, I too was watching Duke hand Maryland yet another loss. I watched the first half and flipped back and forth in the second. I am a Duke fan so I was pretty sure Duke would hold on and pull off the win. The game was shown on ESPN which is no surprise considering the match up, what was annoying was during the whole first half (and presumably the second) the bottom line was nothing but a transcript of the Roger Clemens hearing.

That whole story is subject for another blog, I mean if three people are saying you did something and you're saying you didn't who is more believable? I think the media has overblown this story and Congress has over stepped it's bounds. The sports media is the worst offender though. I can't turn on ESPN without seeing some kind of update on this story. Even after the questioning was over the analysis and legal experts are still being brought forward to give more opinion and BS. I really don't care what Roger Clemens did or didn't do, he's a giant douche no matter whether he took HGH or not. ESPN needs to remember that it is a sports network not CNN, I realize this was a sports issue but they don't need to treat it like CNN is treating the election. So again ESPN gets a stiff of the week nod...it's hard to remember a time when I enjoyed watching the programming on this station.

No comments: