Monday, February 25, 2008

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.


It looks like August may be a great month in my world, pending the outcome of a legal action I may be forced to pursue against XL (he violated the terms of our friendship with wanton new Knight Rider watching and then tried to justify it by saying that the Hof made a cameo. My lawyer has been in touch, and we are working on a settlement which may involve watching Clerks II and Anchorman over and over again until I know I can trust him again.) Not only is it when the NFL starts to rev up again, and the month when I get to celebrate the anniversary of my successfully duping Inky into marrying me, but I'm going to be adding to my collection of ballparks.

XL and I hammered out the itinerary for a Midwest baseball trip that could only be rivaled by those two fags in the VW from the Mastercard commercials. We will fly from BWI to Chicago Midway on Wednesday August 20th. On the morning of the 21st we will head to Wrigley for a game between the Cubs and the Reds. We've been dying to see Wrigley ever since we were kids, and we've been talking about going together since we met almost 14 years ago. All that anticipation means we can't see it just once, so we'll head back to Wrigley on Friday the 22nd to see the Cubs play the Nationals at 1:20. Once that game is over, we'll hope the Red Line and head south to see the Sox battle the Rays at 7:11 in US Cellular Field.

While that's quite a full day of baseball, the next day will be awfully full to. We'll get up first thing and grab a megabus from Chitown to Milwaukee (algonquin for the good land) where we will see a 6:05 game at Miller Park pitting the Brewers against the Pittsburgh Pirate Hookers.

We also plan to add to our list of ballparks seen sometime this summer as we catch a game at the new Nationals Stadium on South Capitol St in the district. It's going to be a great couple of days!

1 comment:

XL said...

First of all don't hassle the hoff baby!! Until we get some new good shows on what am I supposed to do...read? Just kidding I read all the time I have no excuse but trust me, a counter suit is pending. As for the trip I'm pumped up and ready to go. It's amazing for as lazy as we seem we can really put a travel plan together.