Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's About Fucking Time


Great! Now I have to add Canton to the list of places I have to go this year. First it's Seattle and Denver for work, then it's Australia with Inky and Chicago with XL. Just when I thought my travel schedule was all booked, the Football hall of fame decided to right a wrong, and induct Art Monk. Oh yeah, and Darrell Green too.

It's has been far too long a wait for Monk who was a Hall of Famer the day he hung up his #81 with the Skins (those years in Philly and New York don't count in my book). I am just one of the myriad of people who have pointed out that Monk was one of the 2 or 3 best Recivers of his time, and it's about time he gets his due.

As for Green, well we all knew he was a first ballot guy since he hung up his #28. I was at his last game, fittingly enough a win over the Cowboys, and even the Dallas fans had to admit he was Canton bound in 5 years. I like that both men (who by the way are among the classiest people to play the game too, in addition to being great on the gridiron) will get to go in together, and they may even share a person for their intro's, as Joe Gibbs was close to both of them, and will have little to do in August.

1 comment:

XL said...

Look at that Little Monkey Go...into Canton