Monday, February 18, 2008

Fruity Picks


Since there isn't much happening in sports right now that I'm interested in, I decided to pick a few things from around sports to comment on. Also, Greazy is a damn stickler about posting.

*Bill Belichick opened up about Spygate, and says that on a scale from 1 to 100, taping other team's defensive signals gave them an advantage of about a 1. So, let me get this straight. You and the Patriots paid $750,000 and a draft pick for something that doesn't even help? Makes perfect sense.

*The Mavs-Nets deal hinges on Keith Van Horn coming out of semi-retirement and signing a deal? What the hell is wrong with the NBA?

*Speaking of, who designed those All Star uniforms, the fat guy from Project Runway? I know you need to sell shit, but let's get serious.

*Gotta give some mad love to the Phillies, for convincing one of their pitchers that they were trading him to Japan for a hot-dog eater, and getting everyone to go along with it. I love pranks, and that one was golden.

*Stop apologizing for taking steriods. It doesn't make you noble or clear you of wrong doing, it just makes you a douche.

*Which leads me to you, Andy Pettitte. First, spell your name with a few more T's please. Second, when asked if you were a cheater, the honest answer would have been yes. Saying you were stupid and desperate doesn't change that. It still makes you a cheater. God knows it, I know it, the American people know it.

*If someone pokes you in the ass so you can win a car race, can you really call that a win? Seems so.

*Duke lost. I don't really care, just want to rub it in XL's face. Turns out they don't get all the calls after all, huh?

*And, finally, in the I-Told-You-So-Schlack files. I told you so.

1 comment:

Greazy Tony said...

wow, it only took Keith Van Horn 10 years and 5 teams until he was part of something big.

Do you think that Belichick thought 1 was really fucking bad, and 100 was not a big deal? I could get on board with that.