Sunday, February 3, 2008

Two in the Pink, One in the Stink

Well that's what we call a good ole fashioned shocker! After Tom Brady leads his team down the field for a 14-10 lead, Eli "Don't Call Me the Other" Manning one upped the cleft chinned one with an amazing drive of his own. The play where Eli wiggled out of a few sure sacks and got the ball off to David "I had sex with Katie" Tyree may be the best play in Superbowl history. Not only was that pass amazing, but the catch was ten times better. Keep in mind, I am a life long Redskins fan, but I can acknowledge when I see greatness.

I've always loved the Manning boys, and it is sure nice to see them win back to back Superbowls. But, it has been hard on me to find myself rooting for the Eagles, Giants and Ravens this year, Just because I hate how cocky the Pat's fans are. For the longest time in my life I hated New York fans more than anything in the world, but now I hate the Patriots fans more, because they made me feel like I had to root for a New York team.

Greazy says: The only thing worse than a New York team, is a team who is so full of themselves that they make you cheer for a New York team.

In the end, I think it is safe to say this was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Superbowls of all times. When you factor in the circumstances, the perceived disadvantage the Giants were in and the last 4 minutes of play, I don't know what can hold a candle to it. It has a whiff of the 1980 Russian team losing to the upstart American's. One for the ages.

No comments: