Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Maryland over PA: Greazy was torn


Since I was born in Maryland, raised in New Jersey and lived in Maryland and Pennsylvania as an adult, my allegiances are split. I root for the Orioles and Redskins, since I was a DC area Marylander. My college didn't have a football team, so I've always had a soft spot for Rutgers, and I also keep my eyes on UMD, but most often I watch PSU. I don't particularly like the NBA, so my basketball jones is fuflilled by the Terps at the DI level, but the team I follow closest is my very own York College Spartans. When it comes to Hockey, when I watch it's the Flyers because that's who Inky watches.

So last night I was torn between two of my states in a clash of epic importance. A trip to the World Series was on the line, and I didn't know who to pull for. No, it wasn't The Phillies and the Nats, or The O's and Yankers. It was West Salisbury MD vs Richboro PA. The Shore Boys won 4-0, and now get a chance to go to Williamsport to play for the world title. In the end I'm very happy for the boys from my original home state, but of course, I feel for the kids from my new home state. Maybe this will help:

Two, Four, Six, Eight. Who do we appreciate? Richboro, Richboro, Yay Richboro.

No comments: