Friday, October 26, 2007

And the Winners Are...


... The Red Sox, BC, The Patriots, The Celtics and The Bruins. Let's just let Boston have everything, hell, even Harvard is tied for the Ivy League lead, and will almost certainly win the title. How is it possible that those kids from Walpol didn't win the Little League World Series? It seams that The Hub is only a few titles away from becoming the town they hate: New York. It used to be easy to root for teams from Boston, mainly because they were long suffering losers, but now they are the Twinkie on the stick, not the fat kid.

Boston fans have become just as insufferable as New York fans once were. I don't know if there is any town of sports fans in this country that can take this kind of winning in stride with out getting big headed, but Boston certainly can't. I know they had to deal with the curse of the Bambino, a few of their best basketball players keeling over and getting ass raped by the Bears in the Super Bowl, but that made them lovable. Now they are just dicks with stupid accents, and I should know, my dad was one of them.

I should point out that none of this is going to stop Inky and I from taking to the sidelines in Foxboro this Sunday to watch football like famous people. Maybe we'll run into a super model or one of the Presidential candidates... I'm sure Rudy loves the Pats!

No comments: