Friday, October 26, 2007

Channing Crowder is a Massive Douchebag


Is it any wonder why people the world over hate "Ugly Americans." Notice I didn't say that they hate Americans, I'm an American who takes the time to understand a nation before I go visit it and do my best to not insult the people there. A few no-no's are imitating their accent, stereotyping them based on a TV or Movie character and taking pleasure in not knowing where their country is.

Channing Crowder did the latter. He is a LB for the Dolphins who are playing in the first regular season game in England this week. When asked about London this is what he had to say, I shit you not:

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

Some have asserted that Crowder was joking with these comments, if so I submit that he is an even bigger dickhole. The people at the NCAA must find it hard to call them "Student-Athletes" on occasions like this. I know he didn't graduate from "The U" but didn't he have a geography class, or maybe a history class, perhaps an ENGLISH class! My guess is Channing skipped Brit Lit before 1750, just a guess.

I also think it's funny that he thinks that because London Fletcher is black that he can't be from London. I hate to break it to Channing, but Black people can be from London just as easily as they can be from the US (didn't he see Love Actually?).

It would be too easy to nominate Channing for stiff of the week, instead I'll just say that he is an infected rectum of epic proportions.

No comments: