Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Kissed My Brother This Weekend

Ties in sports are liking kissing your sister, right? But, since I'm a chick, and my sister is too, that doesn't really work for me.

I was playing my co-worker in fantasy football this weekend. I considered it, as did she, a must win. Months of bragging rights and taunting emails were at stake. I was desperate for a win. And, it looked for a while like I might get my wish. LT finally woke up from his slumber and got 4 TDs. But, come Sunday night, I found myself behind by 15 points. All her players had finished. I was left with the New York Football Giants defense and Jeremy Shockey. 16 points for the win, I thought it was doable.

THOSE BASTARDS GOT ME 15!! I started to go through the list in my head. If only my defense had gotten one more sack. If only Brett Favre hadn't thrown that second interception, if only Chad Johnson hadn't been such a bitch.

But, I still take it as a moral victory. I was the one who should have lost, and I didn't. I may not have won, but she didn't either. And, I guess that will have to be enough for me.

No comments: