Thursday, October 18, 2007

Take Your 5 Million Dollars and Shove It


Well it's official, Joe Torre it no longer manager of the New York Yankees! Turns out after closed door meetings the Yanks would only pony up a measly 5 mill with incentives and Torre who has to be tired of all the BS said fuck off. The Yanks wanted a more "incentive laden" contract to inspire Torre to make it deeper into the playoffs. I find this really amusing because Torre or any manager for that matter can want to go to the post season all they want but the players have to take them there. Hell, I'm sure Peter Angelos would give Dave Trembley a 100 million dollar incentive to make the play offs because the chances are slim to none the O's could do it. I don't blame Torre, I'd have said fuck off long ago with all the bull he's had to put up with from Steinbrenner. Managers are always the fall guys for their teams because as any good sports fan will tell you "you can't fire all the players" so a change in leadership is needed. In the modern age I'm sure managers garner little respect from their players although I'd bet Torre did ok. So good luck Joe, I'm sure there are 10 other teams lining up to make you an offer, hell I wish the O's would fire the newly hired Trembley to make a run at you because all you do is win baby!!

No comments: