Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oh those Phillies


I will start this off by saying I have no right to make fun of Philly fans because at least they made it to the playoffs and won their division. That is the excuse I will hear from all of the people I know that love those Phils (when they're winning). I don't know how you win the division on the last day of the season with all of the tie breaker possibilities out there and don't win one damn game against a team who had to play a one game play off for the right to be the wild card. I don't watch the National League because I find most of the games boring and a lot of the players uninteresting but damn was this series boring. One run? That's all you can score when your season is on the line? How big of a douche must Pat Burrel feel after Mary Washingtoning that fly ball that allowed a run to score. Looked like a play that most left fielders would probably make, maybe the lights going out earlier scared him. Jimmy Rollins as MVP...I don't see it with a guy like Matt Holiday in Colorado. Either way the city of Philadelphia is heart broken again and one can only wonder when their sports championship drought will be over.

No comments: