Monday, October 29, 2007

Inky's Take: On the Sideline


Well, as you know by now, we were at the Pats/Skins game Sunday. Wow, is all I have to say. Not to the blow-out victory, not to the play of Tom Brady. But, Wow. To the coolness that is being "behind the scenes" of a game.

Waiting for the elevator, because the owners have to go up first. Standing on field-turf, getting sand in my shoes. Watching James Thrash run a route that could have killed me if he were at full speed. Seeing how much goes into making the game happen. Beyond cool. There were several things I didn't get to do, either because tact prevented it, or it just wasn't possible. So, here is a short list of things I didn't get to do at the game, but wish I could have.

1) Ask Sonny Jurgensen if he liked the chowda in the press box.
2) Find out where the Pats cheerleader dressed like a construction worker got her high-heeled work boots.
3) Tell Daniel Snyder, owner of the Redskins, that he looks way shorter in person.
4) Tell Belichick that his sweatshirt is beyond hideous, and going for it on 4th down when you are up by 38 IS in fact running up the score, and yes, you should kick a field goal.
5) Streak
6) Wrestle Tom Brady to the ground and wiggle on top of him.

But, let's not focus on the negative, let's focus on the positive. I WAS ON THE SIDELINES OF AN NFL GAME!! Suck on that, bitches.


No comments: