Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stud of the Week: Colt Brennan


Contrary to popular belief, the best Quarterback to throw more than 4 picks this week wasn't Tony Romo. It was Colt Brennan, who probably has the best claim to the Heisman this year, although he has no chance of winning it.

Last night Brennan lead his Rainbow Warriors to a 42-35 win over lowly San Jose State. (is is just me or is San Jose being nicknamed the Spartans weird for some reason, like maybe they should be the Conquistadors or something.) Granted Brennan threw 4 picks, but he also had 4 TDs and just south of 550 yards. This season his yardage totals are 416, 548, 298, 369, 219, and yesterdays 545. If this guys doesn't get a shot in the NFL, I'll be amazed. I know he's a system QB and that Timmy Chang put up big numbers at Hawaii too, but not this big.

The only people who don't want Colt Brennan on their team are people with a daughter in college. But, I'll take him as my stud of the week.

No comments: