Sunday, October 21, 2007

Watching the Watchers


I love watching football. I wasn't crazy about the end of The Skins game today, but at least they won. And at least I watched it myself, which is much better than if I had watched someone else watching it. That's how I watched the end of the Texans v Titans game. The game wrapped up after 4:15 eastern, and I was watching it in a Philly suburb, so CBS had to cut away from bonus coverage.

I know what you're going to say: Greazy get the NFL Ticket. I say, no way. I'm away from home for at least 5 or 6 of the NFL weekends, and my only friend who is a Skins fan lives 2 miles from my house, and he has it.

So there we were, watching JB, Shannon, Dan, Boomer, Charley and Bill "the chin" Cower as they watched the game on the monitors off camera. They reacted to what happened in the game, and then immediately ran a replay. So we would hear them say "Rosenfells completed it! Touchdown!" Then we would see the play. It was ridiculous, to say the least.

The game however was great, with a lot of ups and downs leading to a crazy finish. I got fucked by Matt Schaub not playing in the second half and my fantasy team took another hit, but at least I got to see a great game. Or, I got to see 6 guys see a great game.

PS - What's with all the onsides kicks being recovered these days? Dallas got one en route to a win over Buffalo two weeks ago, and Arizona and Tennessee both picked one up today, albeit in last second losses. Fuck the Hands Team!

No comments: