Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fire Sale!

The Home Depot Presents Your Mom is 2-4 having won 2 of it's last 3 games, but still a joke of a team. Drew Brees didn't have a good game till I traded him, my receiving corps blows and someone needs to check Shawn Alexanders expiration date, because I think he's turned. I've gotten good games out of Pittsburgh's defense and Marshawn Lynch and I've seen a few bright spots from DeShawn Wynn, but I'm still 2-4.
So, I have decided to take a page out of Wayne Huizenga's book and light a match. We are a 3 player keeper league, so I'm going to bank on Lynch getting better, Michael Turner signing with a team where he can be a feature back and maybe keeping Matt Schaub. The rest of my players are firewood, and can be had for a second round pick in next year's draft.

As a former champion of this league, I hate to take this approach, but when it comes to a 3 player keeper league sometimes you have to build a winner two years at a time. So for this year, I'll have to pass up on my second Golden Pipe, but I have next year's in my sights!

No comments: