Monday, October 15, 2007

You Can't Quit Them Because What Else Would We Talk About??


I read Greazy's post from yesterday about second guessing his love and passion for the Redskins. While I can feel Greazy's pain with a crushing loss in a game your team should've won I'm not sure I can go along with questioning loyalty to the team you've followed since you could watch TV. It's the lamenting with friends and family that you have that keep you going through the tough times. All the celebrations and bragging to supporters of lesser teams that you have when your team is on top of the world. It helps define who you are and gives you plenty of conversation to have with your friends. I've all but given up on the O's but like a sucker I still watch somewhat religiously until all hope is lost. Same with the Ravens although they've given us plenty to cheer about over the years so I have no real right to complain about them (even though I will). It could be worse, I could be a Rams or Dolphins fan... So to sum it up for Greazy, the reason he can't quit is because sports is one of those hobbies/obsessions that keeps us going through all the mundane bull shit we call the work week.

No comments: